Prep and Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves 4-6, vegan
3 organic courgettes
3 tbsps Biona organic extra virgin olive oil
1 medium leek, finely chopped
1 parsnip, thinly sliced
1 stalk lemon grass
900ml light vegetable stock (Amisa Bouillon powder)
2 bay leaves
3 tbsps fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
50g pack of Biona organic creamed coconut
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 6/200C/400F.
2. Cut the courgettes into diagonal slices approx 1cm thick and place on a baking tray.
Brush with 2tbsps oil and roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until golden. Drain on kitchen towel.
3. Sautee the leek, garlic and parsnip in the remaining oil for 10 minutes until soft.
Slice the lemon grass in half, crush with the back of a knife and add to the vegetables.
4. Pour over the stock, add the bay leaves and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Add the courgettes and basil and cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. Remove the bay leaves and lemon grass and blend the soup to a thick consistency.
7. Dissolve the pack of creamed coconut in 70ml of warm water and stir until smooth.
8. Add the coconut cream to the soup. Serve with Amisa organic crispbreads.
Bon Appetit !