300g Biona Organic Spelt Buckwheat Noodles
1 tbsp Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
300g Broccoli florets or purple-sprouting broccoli, asparagus or green beans
1 Medium green cabbage or pak choi, leaves finely shredded
1 Medium fennel bulb, finely sliced
1 Cucumber, halved lengthways, seeds scooped out and flesh chopped
4 Spring onions, finely sliced
1 Large ripe avocado, sliced
2 Handfuls of fresh greens (such as watercress, baby spinach, sliced lettuce or leftover cooked kale)
1 Small handful of nuts (such as cashew nuts, peanuts or almonds) or seeds (such as Biona Organic Sunflower Seeds, sesame or poppy seeds)
4 Large handfuls of fresh herbs (such as coriander, mint or basil, or a mixture) roughly chopped
1-2 Fresh red chillies (optional)
For the Dressing
Grated zest and juice of 2 limes or 1 lemon
2 tbsp Toasted sesame oil
5 tbsp Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Garlic clove, grated
4cm Piece of fresh root ginger (unpeeled if organic) finely grated
2 tsp Biona Organic Tamari Sauce
A Pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes (optional)
Sea salt and black pepper
- Cook the buckwheat noodles in a large pan of boiling water according to the packet instructions (about 7 mins). Use two forks to tease the noodles apart during the first minute of cooking.
- When they are tender, drain and rinse under cold water for 15 seconds. Drain again and then toss in the olive oil in a large serving bowl to stop the noodles sticking together. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, after a quick rinse, steam the broccoli (or other vegetable), covered with a lid, in 4 tbsp of boiling water for 4 minutes until tender.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl or shake in a jam jar with the lid on. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then drain.
- Add the raw veg (pak choi/cabbage, fennel, cucumber, spring onions and avocado) to the noodles with the greens and steamed broccoli. Pour over the dressing and mix everything together.
- Top with the nuts or seeds, toasted in a dry pan for a minute if you like, and the fresh herbs and chilli.