Maple Glazed Doughnuts
- 1 and 1/4 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 4 tbsp full fat coconut milk
- 4 tbsp real maple syrup (or honey)
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For The Maple Glaze:
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut butter, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp filtered water (plus more if necessary)
- Preheat your oven to 350’F/180c and lightly grease your donut pan with coconut oil
- Combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and stir to combine.
- Place the batter in a piping bag or large ziploc bag with the end cut off the end so there’s about a 1/2-inch opening.
- Fill each cavity in donut pan 3/4 full. Give the pan a little shake or two to let the batter settle.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and edges are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven. Let cool for 5 minutes then tip over onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before adding glaze.
To Make The Glaze:
- Place all glaze ingredients into high speed blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more water a tiny bit at a time if it is too thick to pour.
- Pour into a shallow bowl and dip each donut into the glaze with a twisting motion to let extra run back into the bowl.
- Place onto a cooling rack.