Butterbean, Mushroom & Coconut Stew
- 1 tin Biona coconut milk
- 1 tin Biona tinned tomatoes with oregano and garlic
- 2 tbsp Biona tomato puree
- 1 tin Biona butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 400g sweet potato
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium red pepper
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms
- ½ aubergine
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- Swiss chard
- 2 tbsp soy yogurt
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Squeeze of lemon
1. Peel and dice your sweet potato into small chunks. Then peel your carrots, then slicing them into half-moons. Slice your courgette into half-moons, your aubergine and red pepper into small squares. Chop up your mushrooms into rough chunks.
2. In a large sauce pan, sauté the mushrooms and aubergine, for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato puree, butter beans, carrots, courgette, pepper, turmeric, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, salt & pepper. Pour in 600ml of water and reduce to a low to medium heat.
3. Add your soy yogurt and the squeeze of lemon before stirring everything together. Place the lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 40 - 45 minutes, stirring half way through. All the veggies should be nice and soft.
4. Towards the end stir in the spinach and chard allowing it to wilt.
5. Serve with Biona brown rice and a extra dollop of yogurt!
Created by @happilyholli for #OrganicOriginals