Lemon and Coconut Polenta Cookies
- 80g whole wheat flour
- 100g Biona Organic Polenta
- 120g Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 65g Biona Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- zest from 1 lemon
- few drops of oil for greasing the baking tray.
- First, sieve whole wheat flour and polenta with baking powder and baking soda, into a bowl.
- Now, to this bowl add the coconut oil
- Using finger tips, mix the oil with the flours to form bread crumb like consistency.
- Add grated lemon zest from 1 lemon, mix this in.
- Now, add the coconut sugar. Mix this in.
- Adding almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, prepare a dough. Do NOT Knead. Just bring the dough together just enough to form a ball.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 c
- Pinch off small portions of the dough, roll and make smooth balls.
- Place them on a greased baking tray. (You may use parchment paper)
- Using a fork, squash the cookies and make cris-cross patterns on each of the portions.
- Repeated the same with the rest of the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden.
- Once baked, remove the tray. Allow it to cool slightly. Then transfer the cookies on to a cooling wire rack.