Vegan Chilli and Sour cream
• 1 1/2 tablespoons Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
• 280g diced sweet onion (about 1 medium/large)
• 80g medium jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
• 115g finely chopped celery (about 2 large stalks)
• 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 2 cans Biona Organic Chopped Tomatoes with Garlic & Oregano
• 250 ml vegetable broth
• 90 ml Biona Organic Passata Fina or tomato puree
• 1 can Biona Organic kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 can Biona Organic Pinto beans, drained and rinsed
• 2 tablespoons chili powder
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt, to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
• 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
• Cashew Sour Cream
• Chopped green onions
• Fresh coriander, chopped
1. In a large pot, sauté the onion and the garlic in the oil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Season with a pinch of salt and stir.
2. Add the jalapeños, celery, and bell pepper and sauté for another 5 to 7 minutes or until softened.
3. Now add the can of chopped tomatoes (with the juice), broth, and tomato paste. Stir to combine. Increase heat to medium-high.
4. Add the drained and rinsed beans, along with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until thickened, for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Add the cayenne and hot sauce to taste, if using. Taste and season with additional salt if desired.
6. Serve with Cashew Sour Cream, chopped green onion, and coriander, if desired.