Santa Cup Cakes:
- 230ml Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Biona Organic Cider Vinegar
- 140g Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
- 90ml Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g plain or rice flour
- 45g cacao powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 36 small strawberries, steam cut off
For the frosting:
- 130g Biona Organic Sunflower Spread (cold from fridge)
- 130g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl whisk together almond milk, sugar, oil and vanilla until foam consistency
2. In a separate bowl combine the remaining dry ingredients.
3. Gradually pour the wet mixture into the dry one, while mixing. Whisk until all ingredients are combined and you have a rich creamy texture.
4. Pour the mixture into a cupcake pan lined with paper liners, filling ¾ of each.
5. Preheat oven to 175C and bake for approx. 13-15 mins or until a knife comes out clean.
6. FROSTING: In a large bowl beat together butter and half the sugar, until smooth. Continue beating, gradually adding the remaining sugar and vanilla extract, until you have a rich fluffy texture.
7. Transfer into a piping bag and refrigerate until ready to use.
8. When the cupcakes are done, allow to cool. Top each one with the frosting, sit a strawberry in the middle and top with a tiny pinch of frosting for making the Santa hat.
9. Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
10. Enjoy and Merry Christmas!