90g gluten free rolled oats
168g almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
1 tbsp Biona Organic Maple & Agave Syrup
4-5 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Oil, melted
475g pumpkin puree
60ml Biona Organic Maple & Agave Syrup
48g Biona Organic Coconut Sugar
60g unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 180C and line an 8x8 inch baking dish with greaseproof, baking or parchment paper.
- Make crust by adding oats to a food processor and blending until you reach the consistency of oat flour.
- Add almond flour, sea salt, coconut sugar and mix once more.
- Add maple & agave syrup and melted coconut oil and mix/pulse to combine. Depending on device, you may need to use a spoon to scrape around the edges to ensure the crust is completely mixed. If it appears too dry, add more coconut oil.
- Add crust to the lined baking dish and shake to evenly disperse, then lay down parchment paper on top and use a flat-bottomed object and press down to pack the crust into place.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, add all filling ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more maple & agave syrup or coconut sugar for sweetness. Set aside.
- Once the crust is baked, pour the filling into the crust and tap on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before loosely covering with foil and transferring to fridge to set for 4-6 hours, preferable overnight.
- Slice and enjoy!