1 large sweet potato, chopped into 3/4 inch cubes
340g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 1.5 cups)
85g uncooked quinoa
Profusion Organic Kimchi & Cucumber Salad
1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
Raw golden beetroot or marbled pink beetroot - thinly slices
Purple cabbage or vegetable of choice, shredded
Couple handlfuls of greens for the base (optional)
Profusion Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds
Profusion Organic Beetroot Houmous
- Preheat oven to 400F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out the chopped sweet potato on one sheet. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon of oil or so and toss the poatoes until coated. Sprinkle with fine grain sea salt.
- For the roasted chickpeas: Drain and rinse the chickpeas and then place on a large tea towel and pat until completely dry. Discard any skins that fall off. Transfer the chickpeas to the baking sheet and drizzle with 1/2 teaspoon oil. Rub them around with your hands until lightly coated.
- Generously sprinkle with fine grain sea salt and your favourite spices. I like to use garlic powder, chilli powder, cumin, cayenne and salt. Toss gently to combine.
- Place both the sweet potato and chickpeas into the preheated oven.
- Roast for 15 minutes at 400F and then remove both. Flip the sweet potatoes and gently roll around the chickpeas. Place back in the oven for another 15 minutes or so, watching closely during the last 5 minutes.
- When the chickpeas are golden and the sweet potatoes are lightly browned on the bottom and fork tender, they are ready to come out.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa while the roasting is going on. In a fine mesh sieve, rinse the quinoa and then place in a medium pot. Add in 1.5 cups of water and stir. Bring the mixture to a low boil and then reduce the heat to low/medium and cover with lid. Simmer, covered, for about 14-17 minutes (you can check after 13 minutes), until all of the water is absorbed and the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and leave the lid on to steam for another 5-10 minutes or longer if needed. Fluff with fork.
Assemble the bowl:
- Add a couple handles of greens into a large shallow bowl. When the roasted veggies and chickpeas are done, allow the chickpeas to cool for 5 minutes and then add them on the salad followed by the sliced avocado, houmous, kimchi and cucumber salad and hemp seeds.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! You can use dressing if you'd like, but I don't usually bother. If you have leftover sweet potato and roasted chickpeas, you can place them in the fridge. Reheat in the oven at 400F for about 5-10 minutes.