1 to 2 tablespoons Biona Organic Lemon Juice, to taste
1 to 2 tablespoons Biona Organic Agave Syrup
2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus more if needed
- Prepare the fruit as needed: wash, de-stone, chop etc.
- Cook the fruit until it starts to break down: Transfer the fruit to a saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook until the fruit breaks down and becomes syrupy, 5 to 10 minutes. Mash the fruit with the back of a spatula or a potato masher, leaving it as smooth or as lumpy as you like.
- Stir in the agave and lemon juice: Off the heat, stir in 1 tablespoon of the honey and lemon juice. Add more honey or lemon juice to taste.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Let stand 5 minutes, until thickened: This won't quite reach the firm consistency of regular jam, but it will noticeably thicken. If you'd like a thicker consistency, especially with very juicy fruits, stir in more chia seeds 1 teaspoon at a time.
- Transfer to a jar of other storage container: Once the jam has cooled to room temperature, transfer it to a jar or other storage container. Store in the fridge for about 2 weeks. The jam will thicken further and become more set once completely chilled. The jam can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge before using.