200g Hemp protein powder, chocolate flavour (or original just add more cocoa)
20g Hemp seeds
70g Cocoa powder
40g Pecans, ground into a coarse flour
70g pumpkin seeds, whole
40g Raw Health Chia seeds, ground
20g dried mulberries
2 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
2 tbsp spirulina powder
1/4 tsp pink himalayan sea salt
Dash of ground cinnamon
160g Dates (about 20 pitted)
40g Dried tart cherries
5 tbsp Raw Health Coconut Oil, melted
1 Heaped tbsp Raw Health Almond Butter
120ml Water (start with 1/4 and add gradually)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Coarsely grind pecans and chia seeds. Pour into a large mixing bowl and combine all remaining dry ingredients (hemp powder, seeds, cocoa, pumpkin seeds, mulberries, cacao nibs and seasonings.) Set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor. This mixture is very thick and sticky so you'll need a powerful kitchen appliance or mix in small batches. Start with 1/4 cup of water in this mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl with dry ingredients. This is where you can adjust the water and pay close attention to how much you use.
- Using your hands (the best tools for this!), massage and combine the mixture until everything has come together to form a large ball.
- If the mixture gets too wet, simply add more cooca or hemp protein powder. If the mixture isn't wet enough, try adding more coconut oil or a few more dates.
- The desired texture is a thick, chewy, sticky bar.
- In an 8x8 or 9x9 inch parchment lined pan, evenly spread the protein bar mixture into the pan. Using your hands and fingertips firmly press the mixture into an even layer until it's even and smooth on top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours in the fridge.
- Cut into small pieces or 12 whole bars.
- Keep some for later in the freezer by wrapping individually in clear wrap or keep in the fridge for later use that week.