Omega Boosting Beetroot & Cherry Bar:
· 1 large Beetroot, cooked and peeled
· 3 Bananas
· 175g Oats
· 3 tbsp of Biona Coconut Blossom Nectar
· 1 tbsp Biona Almond Butter Crunch
· 50g chopped Hazelnuts
· 70g Biona Dried Sour Cherries – soaked
· 45g Biona Wild Berry Granola
· 50g mixture of chopped Almonds and Hazelnuts
· 50g mixed seeds; linseeds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds
· 1 tbsp Biona Coconut Blossom Nectar
· 50ml almond milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas Mark 4.
2. Prepare the bottom layer - in a blender or food processor, blitz the beetroot and bananas to a purée then add the oats, almond butter crunch/blossom nectar and hazelnuts and pulse a few times until finely chopped (but not a completely smooth paste).
3. Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin (or approximately similar size) with greaseproof paper or baking parchment, and spread the mixture evenly over the bottom of the tin. Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from the oven and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine all the ingredients for the top layer, then spread them evenly over the bottom layer. Return them to the oven for a further 12-15 minutes until starting to turn golden brown.
5. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin to cool. Then slice into individual bites or bars and enjoy!