Sweetcorn Fritters with Avocado Salsa and Poached Egg:
Serves 4 people:
· 2 ripe avocados
· Chopped coriander
· ¼ Finely chopped red onion
· Juice of 1 lime
· Sea salt, pepper
· 90g drained sweetcorn
· ¼ cup coconut flour
· 3 organic eggs
· 1 level tsp baking powder
· 1 spring onion
· 150ml milk
· 1 tsp coconut oil
· Salt and pepper to season
· 4 organic eggs
· Splash of Apple cider vinegar when cooking the egg
Optional: drizzle over some Biona hot pepper sauce at the end
1. Chop the avocado and onion up finely and place in a bowl.
2. Mix well with the lime juice, mushing the salsa with a fork.
3. Season and set aside
4. Mix the coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk in the eggs.
5. Slowly add the milk, whisking until a batter is formed.
6. Stir in the spring onion and sweetcorn.
7. Pour the coconut oil onto a frying pan and place on a high heat.
8. Spoon the batter onto the frying pan, forming circles.
9. After 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, flip the fritter carefully and repeat on the other side.
10. While the fritters are cooking, get a shallow pan of boiling water and add the apple cider vinegar.
11. Gently crack the eggs into the water and remove once cooked to your liking. (3-5 minutes gives a runny yolk)
12. Put the salsa on the plate, then place the fritters on top, finishing with the egg.
13. Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper & hot pepper sauce