Raw toffee apples with vegan date caramel
Depending on how big/ small your apples are, you may have leftover caramel. Enjoy it with coconut yoghurt, fruit, on porridge or straight up on a spoon!
A high-speed blender makes all the difference here in getting a super smooth caramel. A food processor will also work, but it will not be as smooth.
For the caramel:
220g pitted dates
60g Raw Health almond butter
20g Raw Health coconut oil
1 tbsp. Raw Health honey
1 tsp. maple or vanilla extract/ seeds from one vanilla pod
½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
A pinch of sea salt
For the apples:
Freeze dried raspberries
Soak the dates in warm water for 10 minutes.
Drain the dates and add them to a blender, along with all of the other ingredients. Blend until completely smooth. Refrigerate for at least half an hour or until ready to assemble your apples.
Sick a bamboo stick into the top of the core of the apple to make a handle.
Use a spoon to spread a thick layer of caramel over the apples, covering them completely.
Sprinkle your toppings over the apples generously. Keep in the fridge until ready to eat.
Windmill products used in this recipe
- Raw Health Organic Honey - Acacia Blossom - 350g
- Raw Health Organic Honey - Maya - 350g
- Raw Health Organic Honey - Pure Blossom - 350g
- Raw Health Organic Honey - Tropical Forest - 350g
- Raw Health organic Honey with Cinnamon
- RAW Health Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil - 200ml
- RAW Health Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil - 300ml
- Raw Health Organic Spreads - Whole Almond Butter - 170g