Coconut Oil Tofu
500g Biona Organic Tofu Natural
100g Biona Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil (+ 1 tsp for cooking)
120ml (about 2-3 lemons) Lemon juice
1 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp Biona Organic Agave Light Syrup
1 tbsp Finely chopped white onion
500g Biona Organic Jarred Lupin beans (drained)
120g Rocket Leaves
150g Chopped cherry tomatoes
75g (or 1 small onion) finely chopped red onion
60ml Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
35g Roasted pine nuts
2 tbsp Biona Organic Balsamic Vinegar of Modena
Juice of 2 lemons
3 cloves garlic, minced
Garnish options: Biona Organic Hemp Seeds, chilli flakes, chopped parsley
- Mix all ingredients for the Coconut Oil marinade in a jar, give it a good shake and set aside.
- Next, prepare the salad:
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients together. Use a large spoon or fork utensil to combine the ingredients, the lemon juice, olive oil and sea salt will start to wilt the rocket, which is what you want.
- Keep this in fridge in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Press the tofu for at least 5 minutes in between paper towels or tea towels.
- Cut the tofu into bite-sized cubes and set to one side.
- Heat 1tsp coconut oil in a pan on high. Once the coconut oil has melted and the pan is hot, throw in the tofu.
- Toss the tofu every few minutes so each side is nicely browned (about 6-10 minutes).
- Turn down the heat and pour over the marinade, leave to simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Assemble the tofu and salad on the plate, with a garnish of your choice. Serve and enjoy!