2 courgettes, grated
400g butternut pumpkin, peeled and grated
1/2 cup organic plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 flax eggs (1 tbsp flaxseed meal x 2.5 tbsp water, mixed and set side to thicken)
Biona Organic Coconut Oil, for shallow frying
1 tbsp Biona Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp salt
400g tomato medley (cherries, plum etc)
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
1 tbsp Biona Organic Olive Oil
- Squeeze excess moisture from courgette and pumpkin. Place courgette and pumpkin in a bowl.
- Add flour, baking powder, coriander and flax egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add coconut oil to a deep frying pan to come 5mm up side of pan. Heat over medium heat. Spoon 1/4 cup of courgette mixture into a pan, spreading slightly with a spatula. Repeat to make 3 more rounds. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. Cover, to keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make a total of 16 fritters.
- Combine tomatoes, chives, olive oil and remaining vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with fritters and enjoy!