For the brownies:
15 small dates soaked overnight in cold water or for 15 minutes in boiling water.
200g ground almonds
6 tbsp desiccated coconut
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
4 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Oil
1 tsp matcha powder
60ml Biona Organic Coconut Milk
For the white chocolate icing (optional):
30g cacao butter
3 tbsp Biona Organic Coconut Milk
2 tbsp Biona Organic Brown Rice Syrup
For the cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Drain the water from the dates, leaving a little water behind.
- Use a food processor to blend the dates into a smooth puree (leaving a little water will make it much easier to process)
- Add the pureed dates into a bowl along with the all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Transfer to your greased baking dish of choice (line with greaseproof baking paper for ease)
- Bake in oven for around 15 minutes.
- Let cool before applying the icing if using.
For the icing:
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water
- Mix in the coconut milk and brown rice syrup
- Drizzle icing over the brownie using a teaspoon.
- Serve and keep in the fridge for best results.