1 medium onion, chopped
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 small red chilli, de-seeded and chopped
2 tbsp Biona Organic Olive Oil
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 heaped tbsp mild curry powder
1 big potato, peeled & cubed
600g fresh pumpkin, peeled & cut into chunks
400ml Biona Organic Coconut Milk
2 cups vegetable stock
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Biona Organic Kefir Yoghurt, to serve.
Biona Organic Gluten Free Rice or Millet Bread, to accompany.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook onion stirring until soft. Add ginger, garlic & chilli, cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Stir in spices, cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add potato and pumpkin to the pan with the stock and coconut milk, combine and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer covered for 15 minutes or until vegetables are soft. Cool for 10 minutes.
- When cool, blend soup in a blender until smooth and velvety.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls; top with a spoonful of yoghurt and serve with toasted Biona Organic Gluten Free Rice or Millet Bread.