1/3 cup cashews
1/3 cup oats
1 tbsp agave
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp cashew butter
1tbsp coconut oil
Pinch of sea salt
1 1/2 tsp coconut oil
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tbsp agave
- To make the base of the bars, add the cashew and oats into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds to break them down into a coarse flour like consistency.
- Add in the cocount oil and agave and blend until well combined and sticky.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and firmly press down to create a smooth base. Leave this in the freezer to set whilst you make the other layers.
- Pop the dates into a food processor with a splash of water and blend into a rough paste. Add the cashew butter, coconut oil and a pinch of sea salt to taste and blend again. Gradually pour in a little almond milk until you're left with a caramel mixture that's really smooth and easy to spread.
- Pour this over the top of the biscuit base layer and return the bars to the freezer.
- Whilst the bars and setting, gently melt the coconut oil and stir in the cacao and agave nectar.
- Slice the bars into pieces and dip each of them in the chocolate mixture so that they're completely covered.
- Lay the bars out on a tray/dish and leave them in the freezer for at least an hour to set.